What Back Pain Options are Available?

What Back Pain Options are Available?

At Back Pain Relief Center here in Myrtle Beach, the majority of the patients we see are with back conditions (which makes sense as it’s part of our name). We’ve helped many people out of pain, but even if we can’t help them ourselves, we do refer on to the most appropriate care for their backs. Sometimes what we do cannot help and they need further treatment. The majority of patients we see have back problems due to decompression. So their joints are decompressed due to an injury, trauma, degeneration, age, poor posture or simply age.

Learn More
Is Cracking Joints the Only Way Out of Pain?

Is Cracking Joints the Only Way Out of Pain?

Cracking and chiropractors go hand in hand. This alone puts many people off visiting a chiropractor because they think that all chiros do is crack bones. While it is true through manual manipulations, cracking is often heard, this isn’t the be all and end all of the treatment. And cracking isn’t what many people think it is anyway, as I’ll show later in this post.

So first things first, what are we hoping to achieve with chiropractic care?

The ultimate goal is to get you out of pain. Pain starts by the joints being compressed and then becoming dysfunctional. This could happen through injury, trauma or simply poor posture. As the joint compresses, it becomes dysfunctional, muscles around it react and tighten, scar tissue builds up as friction occurs which results in inflammation and pain. The goal of chiropractic care is to loosen the joints and enable proper range of motion which ultimately lessens inflammation and pain.

Learn More
How Back Pain Starts

How Back Pain Starts

What is Back Pain?

While there are many causes of back pain and many reasons why people have it, the vast majority of pain is due to simple wear and tear and dysfunction. 80% of all back pain conditions are due to the simple act of aging, over use, injuries and repetition. These are the conditions we see mostly and treat and manage. The remaining 20% have more significant issues that may relate to neurological disorders, diseases or other more complex defects, those issues we cannot treat and when we do see them, we then refer out to the appropriate specialist to help you further.

Learn More
Protocol of Care for Back Pain Myrtle Beach

Protocol of Care for Back Pain Myrtle Beach

No matter which doctor you go to, whether it’s a chiropractor, medical doctor, orthopedic, or pain management, everyone has the same goal in mind: to get you out of pain, and to get you to feel better. There is a certain protocol of care that everyone does, which have some differences depending on who you see. The better you can understand that, the more that you can make better decisions on where you need to go with your particular treatment, since everyone responds to all types of care differently. 

Learn More
How I Manage Back Pain in Myrtle Beach

How I Manage Back Pain in Myrtle Beach

Hi! Your Myrtle Beach chiropractor here. Today, we are going to be discussing how I manage back pain in Myrtle Beach. We are going to go over some of the things we do to help my back pain.

A little background on me: I am 49 years old, and I have been lifting weights since I was about 10 years old. I’ve also been doing judo since I was 4 years old, and started doing jujitsu about 8 years ago. So to this day, this is what my schedule looks like: I lift weights three days a week, I do judo (a lot of throwing) three days a week, I do jujitsu, which is a lot of people tugging on my arms, surfing with my daughter, and on Sunday, my active rest is jogging. I am also on a plane once a week, which can be pretty uncomfortable. So clearly, I have a lot going on with my active life.

Learn More
When Should You Consider Surgery for Pain?

When Should You Consider Surgery for Pain?

When should you consider surgery for pain? Our goal at Back Pain Relief Center here in Myrtle Beach is to see you out of pain. Our focus is to examine you, discover the reason behind your pain and to treat it. Most of the time we achieve this goal within our practice, but there are occasions where we may need a multi disciplined approach to correct the problem. And then there’s situations where it would likely only be surgery that can correct the issue.

Learn More