Did you know that there are over 100,000 chiropractors practicing around the world? This includes your Myrtle Beach Chiropractor too! Chiropractic care has been proven to be successful because of its low risk rates, especially compared to pain meds and surgery. Just in our Myrtle Beach practice, we have helped hundreds of people out of pain and back into their daily routines.
Let’s take a look at some studies which back this information up.
- The word ‘chiropractic’ comes from the Greek words cheir (hand) and praktis (to do). Together, it means ‘done by hand.’
- After medical and dentist, chiropractors are the third most common field of doctor.
- 27 million adjustments are done yearly in the world. This means that one million adjustments are done per day, 125,000 adjustments are done by year, 125,000 adjustments are done per hour, and 2,100 adjustments are done per minute!
- A lot of sports professionals use chiropractic care. Every NFL team has a chiropractor who treats the players for any injuries.
Check out these stats:
- In medical treatment, 56 percent of patients saw a 30 percent decrease in pain over a four week treatment period. 94 percent of chiropractic patients saw this same amount of 30 percent pain reduction over the same four week period.
- Medicare would save 84 million dollars per year if patients saw a chiropractor instead of a doctor.
- Chiropractic care risks are very low, where as pain killers are proven to be very dangerous.
It’s pretty clear that treatment for back pain should probably start with a chiropractor. No invasive or pain killers, but conservative care that looks to solve the cause rather than the symptoms.
Chiropractic Care Helps Me in My Sport – It Can Help You in Yours and in Life too
Chiropractic care helps me in my sport in a great way. Just recently, I competed in the US Judo Association Summer Nationals in West Palm, Florida. I was fortunate to win all four of my matches against some pretty tough opponents, and become national champion. I don’t believe I would have achieved this level of success without chiropractic care. And as I have doctors working for me, I was able to receive consistent, regular care which helped my 47 year old body to be able to withstand the rigors of high level judo.
How to Treat Chronic Pain Disorder
How to treat chronic pain disorder is the subject of this post. There’s quite a few problems out there which is too bad to hear, but things like degenerative joint disease, something I see all the time and Fibromyalgia, I’m seeing it more and more as time goes by. Also, things like lupus, AS, rheumatoid arthritis, there’s a lot of things out there that can really wear you out and begin to make your life miserable.
What is Chiro Trust?
I am often asked what is Chiro Trust, so today we are going to talk to you a little bit about Chiro Trust. You will see that a lot on our advertising and on our websites and things like that and you will hear me mention it a bunch. I am going to try to explain what it is a little bit.
I have been with this group called Chiro Trust now for it has got to be close to 10 years and what happens with Chiro Trust members is it is a group of Doctors all through out the country and we have all taken this pledge to treat our patients and run our practices a certain way. The pledge basically is saying that we agree to provide our patients with convenient affordable mainstream chiropractic care with no unnecessary treatments and no obligation to long term treatment plans.
Spinal Manipulation, Why Get Cracked?
Why get cracked? Well, I guess the easy answer to that is to feel better. Spinal manipulation has proven to be one of the best ways to relieve neck and back pain.
So what does it do?
A spinal manipulation performed by a chiropractic physician does a few things.
- Decompresses the vertebral joint
- Breaks up adhesions and scar tissue formation
- realigns to its normal position
- Allows for better range of motion
- decreases nerve interference
How does your spine become dysfunctional and painful?
- Repetitive Stress Disorders such as working in a factory or doing the same thins day in and day out.
- Previous Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Old Sports Injuries
- Poor Posture
So remember. All doctors are trying to get your better the best way they know how. For Chiropractors, it is performing spinal manipulations. For Orthopedics, it’s surgery. For Pain Management doctors it’s injections.